Encore Publishes 2022 ESG Report
Encore’s second annual report highlights progress across five strategic pillars
Today, Encore Capital Group published our 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, highlighting our efforts to empower people and communities, support a healthy planet, and champion responsible business.
While this marks the second year of our reporting journey, ESG has always been important to the success of our business and to advancing our Mission to create pathways to economic freedom for the consumers we support. Who we are at our core – people helping people – fuels our business and ESG journey. We embody compassion and respect as we engage with consumers, cultivate an inclusive work environment that empowers our colleagues to thrive, contribute to our communities, and ensure sustainable and responsible business practices. These efforts in the ESG area will help us forge ahead on this important work and positively impact society. Through it all, we will stay true to who we are at our core – people helping people.
“Caring about people is the foundation of our business – and compassion is what helps us succeed,” said Ashish Masih, Encore’s President and CEO. “I am eager to sustain momentum on our ESG journey as we recognize its importance to both the success of our business and desire to build a brighter future for our consumers, colleagues and communities.”
Informed by the priorities of our stakeholders and our industry, we defined five key strategy pillars to guide our ESG journey. The following are key 2022 highlights related to each pillar, and you can learn more in Encore’s 2022 ESG Report:
- Consumers: Encore continues to support consumers through its empathetic service model, ensuring consumers experiencing hardships have the right support, and that all interactions are driven by the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values and the industry’s first-ever Consumer Bill of Rights.
- Community: Encore colleagues supported 20 local organizations and donated nearly 6,000 items and 9,400 pounds of food during our annual multi-day global event – Encore Connected Week.
- Colleagues: Great Place to Work®, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures, certified seven Encore locations, including Costa Rica, France, India, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and the UK.
- Environment: Midland Credit Management in India moved into its new Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) certified facility.
- Operating Responsibly: At the executive level, we have formed an ESG Steering Committee, which consists of senior leaders from various businesses and geographies. This committee provides guidance and direction, champions ESG efforts and considers the perspectives of stakeholders.
Looking ahead, we are eager to continue our ESG journey and deliver on our commitment to strong and transparent practices. At Encore, we recognize that the success of our Mission and Vision — to create pathways to economic freedom for our consumers and partner with them to help restore their financial health — is dependent on taking meaningful steps to drive this important work forward.